Welcome to the UK Consulting Directory offering free consultancy listings to companies and firms in all business areas as well as advisory services.
To add your business to our website, please Click Here.
I was always told the three most important things in appointing a consultant were; 1) Chemistry, 2) Chemistry and 3) Chemistry. Assuming you've appointed that all important person to help you on your way though, how do you ensure you get the best out of the relationship? Well importantly of course they need to understand what YOU need and they need a clear brief, so below we've created a simple 10 point check-list to help you on your way.
If you have any business advice then please comment on our Business Advice Blog or contact us to provide information that may be interesting to our visitors
In this category:
The Management Consultancies Association (MCA) - Representative body of management consultancies in the UK
In the Business Blog:
GEM Air Quality Ltd Tel: 0121 288 0434
The Apex 2, Sheriffs Orchard, Coventry, CV1 3PP
Independent air quality consultants, specialising in air quality impact assessments for planning and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) purposes.
UK Consultancy Companies:
|The Morgenland Consulting
Sales agent based in London, selling fashion desginer clothes.
Civil engineering and highways consultant providing design, value engineering, lean and expert services to the construction industry.
|Innovation for Growth Limited
Business consultancy advising on innovation through conducting innovation audits and evaluation, providing advice. We also undertake desktop, business research.
|Coaching For Change Ltd
Consultancy providing change leadership services: Consultant courses, coaching and mentoring skills, lean sigma training and leadership coaching.
11 Point Check List for working with a Consultant
Download as a PDF
- Have you been clear about your requirements? Not the wishy-washy, we need help because things aren't working, but clear definable measurable objectives e.g. we need to reduce wastage by 30% because we get too many returns
- Have you got buy-in from your peers and management team? If you don't involve them from the start they will only side step any involvement and leave it to you
- If you need the consultant to give a view across systems, ensure they are impartial and have the charisma to address the Board and challenge the current process
- Prepare criteria for a shortlist and draw that list together
- Invite consultants to put forward their proposals in writing
- Get those consultants to meet you and chat to them, first formally then in a more relaxed environment - over a coffee perhaps, as you need to feel you can work with them. It may seem "weedy" but you need to like them
- Remember to ask leading questions such as Who, What, Why, Where, When and How - How would you initially approach XYZ? Pushes them into a fully considered response and remember they want the business and you don't want them to agree blindly with you just to get the account!
- Next, create a matrix of their responses, just like interviewing for an employee - when asked X what did they reply and how did that reply compare with the others. Which of the replies most engaged with our company challenge
- Select your consultant and explain to everyone in the departments why this person is working with you
- Ensure you will have regular feedback in a format you agree
- And finally... ensure there is a clear end date (even if YOU have to move it) and objective
Business Directory Index:
Business Services (526)
Air Conditioning, Audio & Video, Catering, Cleaning Services, Conferences, Consultants, Conventions and Trade Shows, Corporate, Design, Directories, Human Resource Training, Immigration & Visas, Management Training, Marketing and Advertising, Office Supplies, Outsourcing, Photography, Printing, Publishers, Removals & Relocation, Team Building, Telecommunications, Training, Translation Services, Video Production
Computers & Internet (139)
Finance & Legal (140)
Home and Garden (351)
Architecture, Bathrooms & Kitchens, Bedroom, Building &
Construction, Conservatories, Interior Design and Planning, DIY do it yourself, Electricians, Estate Agents, Flooring, Furnishing and Fixtures, Garages and Workshops, Gardens, Letting Agents, Lighting, Property, Utilities, Windows & Blinds
Industrial & Commercial (140)
Travel & Tourism (144)